Friday, December 23, 2011

A follow-up about "I Wish It Was Christmas Today"

A week or two ago, I posted a brief history of the song "I Wish It Was Christmas Today" from Saturday Night Live. Near the end of the piece, I wrote this:

"But we may get another performance on SNL. This week's (December 17,2011) host will be none other than Jimmy Fallon. Will we get cameos by Sanz, Morgan and Kattan? Will "the band" back together for one more Christmas performance? I certainly hope so!"

Well, maybe Jimmy Fallon reads this blog (just kidding), because we got a brand new performance of the song and a reunion of the "band"! Here's the 2011 edition of "I Wish It Was Christmas Today":



So perhaps there's still hope that one day, we'll turn on an All-Christmas radio station and hear this song right after Bing Crosby and Mariah Carey!

No comments: